Directions To IDF (Posted by Nicholas Young on 7/21/2011)
With Woodburn being the smallest city in Indiana (not to mention all the construction going on around here right now), we realize that GPS and Mapquest may not be the most reliable sources for directions. So Richard made the trip from the Holiday Inn Express (where most people are staying) to Folkcraft Instruments, and came up with the easiest route:
Starting in the Holiday Inn Express parking lot (11205 Isabelle Drive, New Haven, Indiana, 46774):
1) Head WEST on Isabelle Drive. You'll drive until you get to the stop sign, probably about 200 yards.
2) Turn NORTH/RIGHT on Minnick Road. Get in the center lane.
3) Cross SR 930/US 30.
4) Go about 3/10 of a mile. Minnick Road will end in a "T" intersection. Turn EAST/RIGHT on to Lincoln Highway.
5) Go about 7.1 miles.
6) Turn NORTH/LEFT onto SR 101.
7) Go about 3.8 miles. As you approach Woodburn, the road will angle to the EAST/RIGHT. Folkcraft Instruments will be on the NORTH/LEFT side of the road. You'll see the IDF tent in our parking lot. The physical address is: 22133 Main Street, Woodburn, Indiana, 46797.
So there you have it. We look forward to seeing everyone for the 2011 Indiana Dulcimer Festival. Drive safe!
When people think of heirloom-quality instruments, they think of Folkcraft. Here's why: Our instruments are handmade in the United States of America, not in a cheap overseas factory. Our instruments are crafted one at a time, not on an assembly line. Our instruments are made of solid woods, not out of plywood.
Folkcraft instruments are made with pride and tradition, using the same methods as our founders used in 1968. Folkcraft Instruments is a family business, with two generations of luthiers putting their skill and experience into every instrument they create.